Coney Island ● NYC

Sunday, June 24


The Coney Island Mermaid Parade: it's a tradition -- and a strange one, at that. Since visiting Coney Island was on my New York Bucket List anyway, Jordan, myself and four other friends decided to spend our Saturday at the famous New York amusement park and boardwalk while the biggest event of the year was underway. 

The parade was filled with half-naked "mermaids," little kids, bands and so much more. And although I'm from Florida, I've never seen a more crowded beach in my entire life. It was just one big party, with people drinking, splashing and celebrating for hours. Before we left for good, Jordan and I knew we had to take a ride on the Wonder Wheel to get the best view of the whole park. Definitely a successful not-so-city-adventure.








 First ferris wheel ride. Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |