Bali ● Indonesia: Elephant Safari Park

Monday, July 21


Yesterday was a dream. When Lauren and I had to cancel our trip to Thailand because of the military coup, I was sad I wouldn't get to ride the elephants on an excursion we had booked. Luckily Lauren found Bali Elephant Safari Park & Lodge. Since we had vowed to go to a place that treated their animals ethically, this was the perfect spot. We learned that all the elephants were rescued from Asian countries, and they are trained with care by the mahmouts in the complex.

Before noon, I bathed an elephant, rode him in the water, rode another elephant (named Ramona) on a short jungle safari, and I had been hugged by elephants' trunks more times than I could count. Definitely bucket list material right there, and definitely my favorite adventure since I began this trip. 

The gentle giants were exactly as I imagined they would be: adorable, unbelievably smart and so friendly (when trained and cared for properly).









No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |