Seoul ● South Korea: Myeongdong

Wednesday, July 16


Early this morning, I took the subway to Myeongdong. The area is a major shopping district, complete with your typical Forever 21s, H&Ms, Korean beauty outlets and even smaller Korean boutiques. Let me tell you, Myeongdong doesn't rest. (Think Times Square on steroids with loud music...)

Since Shinsagae Department Store, Lotte Department Store and Namdaemun outdoor market are all nearby, I stopped by each for a little bit. Namdaemun is home to bright clothes, fans, knockoff purses and shoes. And it's easy to get a little confused in the maze of it all. After passing the same stall three times I realized I had been walking in circles for about 20 minutes.

To end the day, I visited one of Seoul's strangest attractions: the cat cafe. For 8,000 Won (about $8), you can have a drink in a cafe filled with all types of breeds. I read somewhere that animal cafés are common in Seoul because many city-dwellers aren't allowed to own pets in apartments. As weird as the whole thing was, I can't say I didn't like it. 

Outside the Korean Bank and high-end department stores





This little guy was curled up in the seat next to me for most of the time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |