Munich ● Germany

Thursday, May 9


Exactly two years ago, I studied abroad in Florence, Italy. Today, four days after graduating from the University of Florida, I returned to Europe to travel for 25 days through Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France.

The 9-hour flight felt surprisingly short. Before I knew it, I was in a taxi from the Munich airport passing the old Olympic stadium heading toward the city center. After arriving at the hotel, I found out my mom's flight was delayed in New York, causing her to miss her Berlin connection. While waiting, I ditched my bags and explored Munich for a few hours.


Once we settled in, we headed toward the city center for dinner. We ate at probably the most tourist-y restaurant possible (think Disney World). But hey, after a day of traveling we were starving.  


By the way, every single stereotype you've ever heard about German food is, in fact, 100% legit. If you're into beer, meat and cheese, Germany is your place. Luckily I was able to find a pasta dish with asparagus (apparently this time of the year is famous for great white asparagus). 


Like every country Europe, Germany brings to light a different way of life -- and I'm loving it so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |