Zurich ● Switzerland: Intro

Sunday, May 12


When I studied abroad two years ago, my friends and I planned on visiting Switzerland but ran out of time. This Eurotrip, I made sure both Zurich and Lucerne were on the itinerary.

Zurich was beautiful from the second we stepped out of the train station. And for the first time in three days, blue skies were trying to break through the clouds. The city is exactly as I imagined it -- cobblestone roads, winding alleys and amazing views from bridges that span the water.

For lunch, we stopped at a restaurant serving traditional Swiss fondue. From there, we went on our own personal walking tour and learned how quiet the streets of Zurich are on Sundays. After a nice Mother's Day dinner off of Bahnhofstrasse (the main road on the left bank), we stopped at another cafe closer to our hotel for a piece of cake. By the time we leave Wednesday, I'm convinced we will have eaten our way through the city. But when food is this good, you just have to do it.




View from the train to Zurich

Prosecco & Pear Fondue at Swiss Chuchi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |