Schwangau ● Germany

Friday, May 10


The rain moved into Munich today, and it shows no signs of letting up anytime soon. I had really hoped to escape it by taking a day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle, about two hours outside of the city by train. Unfortunately, the clouds kept right up with the train. 

When we arrived at our stop in Füssen, we braced ourselves for a wet day. Two bus trips, a beer and a slippery walk later, we made it to the entrance of the castle, ready for our tour. The palace on the mountainside was built by King Ludwig II, who was declared mentally insane by the government less than a year after he moved into the castle. All of the rooms were surprisingly modern, and it was evident that he had spent entirely too much on the little details.

Once back in the city at night, I navigated through the subway system (and maybe asked a few police/locals for help) to meet up for drinks with my best friend Jordan and her UF study abroad group. I couldn't believe my luck that we happened to be in the same city overseas at the same time. It ended up being the perfect night at an Irish pub downtown, and it gave me the hope I needed to believe that life really can be fun post-college...




At the base of the town beneath Schloss Neuschwanstein 



Michelle, Jordan and I at the Irish pub. Love these girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |