St. Tropez ● France

Sunday, May 26


Without a doubt, St. Tropez is the prettiest place I have ever been. It may have helped that the weather was perfect without a cloud in the sky, but I seriously could not imagine anything more beautiful than what I saw at the top of the tallest hill.

After tendering from the ship to the port, we wandered through the streets of St. Tropez. They're lined with shops catering mostly to the wealthy celebrities and billionaires who build their second (and third... and fourth) homes on the island. Once we had stopped in a few shops and sat down for a severely overpriced soda, we headed up a gravel walk around an old fort-turned-naval museum. 

Down in the main part of town, we had crepes for lunch (when in France...) and then gawked at the 80+ foot yachts docked in the harbor. By the end of the day, I was really sad to leave. St. Tropez is a euphoric place -- so surreal and so exotic. And if I ever have the chance to go back, you can bet I will.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |